1.21.2010

{ costume of the day } beatnik


{ h+m beanie, calvin klein sunnies, the glamourai licorice lucite necklace, vintage vest, vintage alaia dress, aldo gloves }

65 comments:

R. D. C. said...

What a great find!
I love its 70's-indianish vibe, it improves almost any outfit. :)
You look lovely, as usual.

Whimsy said...

That vest is so beautiful...if you ever think about selling it I'll take it! The entire outfit is so chic...you have amazing style.

-whimsy
www.littlemisswhimsy.com

Rock Couture said...

Oh My.... Gorgeous! I love it...You look so pretty!

Latoya said...

I am looooving the vest and how the jewelry compliments it :-)

Simona said...

Oh my, you look amazing!

Mb said...

I adore this look. But I have to ask, which Jersey consignment shop are you talking about? Being a NJ native, I'd love to have a store too look forward to checking out for when I'm visiting.

Lesli said...

that vest is gorgeous...it has made my day. does that happen to you sometimes? just seeing a piece of beautiful clothing give you a burst of energy you didn't have before...

you look great!

Alice D. Millionaire said...

great photo, great outfit. totally fabulous vest. love it!

alice d.

{Tara} said...

This vest is incredible!! I have found some of my favorite vintage goodies in Texas and Oklahoma...always so well-priced too.
Cheers,
Tara

Jessica said...

uhhh. You are so glam.

And for the record, a lunch with the Glamourai will have you feeling more glamorous. Just like that ;)

Gon said...

You look adorable! That vest is indeed precious ;D! Where's Bunny?


kiss kiss,
www.dimogonda.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

LOVE the vest and how you styled it. I recently bought a great black vest (short) with some bronzy gold sequins on it. Was thinking of going all black also. Ill have to show you when i style that bad boy up!

LOVE this look. Rock and Roll.

xo, Kim www.crowded-closet.com

anon said...

gorgeous gorgeous vest.

MrJeffery said...

omg great finds. i love this overall look!

Copious Couture said...

you style is incredible! i love this look!!

copiouscouture.blogspot.com

Coco said...

Such a perfect look! I love, love, love your vest and you style it perfectly!

-Coco from Our Paper Moon

Daphne said...

AMAZING vest!!! Suits you so well.

Ash Fox said...

i absolutely love this jacket.

Lorena said...

This is a perfect outfit, that amazing vest paired with all black is so good. It's styled brilliantly too.

http://ganymedekids.blogspot.com

Sea Bird said...

Wow. That vest is really awesome. You pull everything together so well!

Joan Domenge said...

Just discovered your blog! Love it! Becoming a follower right now! And thos beatnik look is stunning!!!

Kisses from Sapin!

bravegrrl said...

actually i spy the pretty hem after reading... i love those kinds of subtle touches :)

xo
bravegrrl.blogspot.com

Mrs. Priss said...

WAY cute.

alexandra said...

I HAVE THIS VEST, TOO! omg that is too crazy...i've never seen anything like it let alone (i think) the exact same one! i actually gasped out loud when i got to this page.

oh wow, how fun! i can't tell you how excited i am that we have the same vintage score! eeeek!

have a wonderful weekend!

this is cyclogenesis said...

That vest is so killer! Vintage shopping in a new city is always so great. Whenever I visit family in Seattle I always hit up the vintage shops there, last time I walked out with six dresses for $150 total. Ridiculous, amazing, etc.

kim said...

The vest is absolutely gorgeous; I'm a sucker for beautiful bead work.


Clothes Are Cute
Clothes Are Cute

Anonymous said...

Love your ourfit.
We follow you

Ra said...

Oh my God, I love Feathers. It's my favorite store in Austin. That's where I got this amazing bolero:

http://www.theairconditionedgypsy.com/2010/01/midgets-but-no-crackers.html

stylefyles said...

love that top - the greatest!!! very cute look and I love the way this photo came out!

Katy said...

Love it! Just half an hour ago I saw an oldish man on the bus wearing a green turtleneck under a black blazer with a black beret. Beatnik coincidence!

Samantha said...

i love this entire look, the hat and especially the vest!

lovely

Jessica said...

I love scouring vintage shops for unexpected beauties. Your vest is definitely a gem!

Madeline Veenstra said...

Love the cardigan, it has such an interesting pattern :)

Marina said...

That is such a beautiful vest! It has some really intricate and great details!

Elisa said...

Love that vest. Your outfit is great!
xo

http://timetimetravelers.blogspot.com

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

That vest is absolutely amazing!!!

What can I say...the best things come from Texas. Like you and me! :)

Kellie said...

Everyone's said this already, but I'll say it again anyway- I love your vest!! :D

http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

laura said...

what a vest! looks like something you would expect to pick up in Morocco in the late 60s. lovely.

ILona C said...

That vest was a brilliant find, love it and as for the necklace....wowser x

Susu Paris Chic said...

I totally see why you'd fall heads on for the ever so gorgeous beaded vest. The way you assembles it with the other pieces is ingenuous!

Susanne said...

yeah, the vest is just great!
xx susanne

new blog:
www.leoparddress.blogspot.com

LoveCharlesVintage said...

One of my favorite looks so far! Must be all the black.

Rae said...

I love the vintage vest! It pulls the whole look together!!

Anonymous said...

Love.. from paris.

the style crusader said...

wow. that is such a striking look. xx

Style, She Wrote said...

Love it. Perfect look, as always.

xAZD said...

hey there, love how your photos are always on the street! it really shows NYC and what it's like to actually be fashionable - sometimes it seems it may only exist online!

Styl'yn said...

This is really cute !

Megan said...

That is truly an amazing vest. Feathers is def. the best, the area around it is pretty awesome too!
http://thedollhouse0101.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of George Harrison in India, immeditley.
XOXOX
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

superumi said...

the whole black outfit is awesome! inspirational :)

-superumi
http://popsicle-dress.blogspot.com

p/s: care to exchange links?

ZEPETIT said...

It´s great!

Zepequeña.

Bridget Lo said...

Love the details on the jacket!!

http://lovesickwombat.blogspot.com/

ROMAAMOR said...

Love that licorice lucite necklace!!! Perfect outfit

AlixRose said...

Isn't it such a rush when you find something amazing!
You wore that right out of the store? That's awesome, I havent done that in forever..
Love the look!

All Women Stalker said...

The vest is just pure love. So beautiful! Love the whole outfit.

NAYRA LAISE said...

I love the vintage vest,is adorable!!


www.nayralaise.com

ali said...

fantastic!

Fashionistable said...

Love this look.

Anonymous said...

the first momment i saw the pic i wanted to screaaaaam.
I love everything about this look!
Awesome pic.
Amazing cardigan<33

http://london-art-heroinchic.blogspot.com/

silvia said...

LOVE THE ETHNIC WAISTCOAST!!!so cool on you!

Anonymous said...

cute outfit, cute blog:)

Nabila xo

Soumeya said...

Wonderful !

Anonymous said...

Omg! I used to have this vest in High School back in 93'. So vintage! I loved it, my sister swiped it from my closet and took it to San Antonio. Could it be the same one, or did they mass produce this? I remember the beads falling off all the time. lol

Dentist 90048 said...

Wow, that vest is amazing. I love embroidered pieces like that.