12.30.2009

{ costume of the day } rainscoting

it has rained for the last two days here in texas, making me thankful for having found this vintage trench coat while thrifting with my sister last week {though i plan to change its buttons to black as soon as i'm back in NYC}. if you're ever in the austin area, the goodwill on lake austin boulevard is a secret goldmine of goodies.
this getup got me through the bad weather bog, but since the sun's finally come out again, leaving everything lush and gooey green, i'd better get off the computer and enjoy it!

wearing: gap hat, vintage jacket, lanvin silk t-shirt, j brand jeans

63 comments:

Ikemba and Melodie said...

Wow this is AMAZING!! Love( and i mean loooove) your blog!

a.beauti.ful..mess said...

LOVE it. that hat is too fab!

AlicePleasance said...

The trench coat is marvellous!!

rebecca said...

that coat is gorgeous! great find.

scissorsanddolls.blogspot.com

Meagan said...

i love your trench coat! I have been looking for one and that one is fabulous!

www.tryafashionblog.blogspot.com

Maja Miusow said...

I absolutely love that shots, what a great job!

Un je ne sais quoi said...

Amazing coat!
Your hair is beautiful too!
loving it!

bri. said...

D E S I G N L O V E F E S T posted this today!
check it out, lovely.

xx Bri

Charmalade said...

I'm so envious that it's wintertime, and you're keeping warm with a trench coat in a lush green world. The coat+hat are fabulous!

http://charmalade.blogspot.com/

Aline said...

what a fabulous hat...and a great vintage find!

Karina Cifuentes said...

A trench is a closet staple. And this one is just right.

www.platformmag.net

Jessye Ashworth said...

great trench, miss.

http://whenyouvegotlipstick.blogspot.com/

-jessye

Mały Kosmos said...

so beautiful jacket! You look just fabulous as usual:)

Kellie said...

That is such a great coat! Goodwill is such an amazing place, you can find anything there! :D

http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

kim said...

your coat is soooooo gorgeous.



Clothes Are Cute
Clothes Are Cute

Daphne said...

These are utterly gorgeous photos.
xoxox
daphne

Annie, Time Enough for Drums said...

You look gorgeous. How do you get your photos to turn out so amazing? Annie.

Nickie Frye said...

LOVE the trench. I find them pretty regularly on my vintage hunting expeditions, but I'm a coat addict & have too many coats in stock right now so I've had to restrain myself. I love them, though, & the color of that one is really pretty. Much better than the typical Inspector Gadget khaki ones. :)

Anonymous said...

gorgeous darling
love the inspiration as always
great blog, keep it up
thanks for sharing
and thanks for the sweet comments

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

Sidewalk Chic said...

That is a lovely trench! Your photos look ethereal. Have a great new year's eve!
- JoAnn, Sidewalk Chalk

Anonymous said...

LOve the classic trench

Instantd said...

The trench is lovely! I like it with the buttons it has now; their color keeps the outfit softer with the focus on your face rather than a distracting contrast of dark buttons against the brown.

em.me.ma said...

love the hat.
cute pics : )!

ilovecoolthings said...

egad, that trench is TO DIE FOR. great find!

the clothing project said...

GROOVY.

- www.theclothingproject.com

The Sound of Lace said...

makes me wish I didnt pass up on that green talbots trench I found today....darn it!!

http://thesoundoflace.blogspot.com/
http://thesoundoflace.blogspot.com/
http://thesoundoflace.blogspot.com/

Sailor Jamee said...

that trench is absolutely killer! what a lucky find!

MELISSA Z. said...

Your trench is wonderful!

www.abitoffashion.com

Roxana C said...

peachy perfect! love you!!! xoxo...

Silvestre said...

oh, dear! prefect,perfect outfit! Love the hat and jacket - it looks really pretty and orginal.
and u have amazing eyes/

Samantha said...

i love your hat. amazing photos

Fashionprincess said...

Wow! I love love LOVE the outfit!!

x <3 x

Megan said...

I love your jacket!
http://thedollhouse0101.blogspot.com

Une étincelle de mode said...

Love your coat!!!

Have an happy new year***

http://etincelledemode.blogspot.com/

Taylor Sterling said...

I adore this look! the lighting is amazing and so is that coat!! Happy New Year girl!

Alison Kinsey said...

I absolutely love your sense of style, it is very eclectic and unique! I am a huge fan of J Brand Jeans as well :) Out of every brand that I wear, they seem to flatter me the most. Have a great New Year!

xo Kinsey

Those cupcakes look delightfully decadent! Yummmmm.

xo Kinsey

Kinsey Michaels

glam.spoon said...

what a lovely rare photo of you without your sunnies! happy new year glamour girl!

The Village Idiot said...

that trench fits u like it was made for you!
u look soo pretty dressed down!!
happy new year!

Unknown said...

AWESOME FIND. I LOVE TRENCH COATS.I OWN TOO MANY MYSELF..LOVE YOUR BLOG BY THE WAY..

ANGIE XOXO
ANGIE XOXO

CLICK HERE: MINT VINTAGE JUNK

TheBeautyFile said...

Gorgeous!!! Have a fabulous new year!!

Semra said...

lovely, so lovely:):)

laurelbis said...

Me gusta tu estilo, voy a seguirte!!
Bstoss

The Photodiarist said...

Great trench! I love trench coats. Everyone ought to have at least one.

K8 said...

Love the coat!

Fashion X K8.blogspot

Style, She Wrote said...

Great classic coat. It fits you like a glove.
Happy New Year!

Lauren Jacqueline said...

clever language & definitely do up the black buttons

TheMinx said...

this is beautiful, loving your blog :)

Hal E. Liebling said...

great trench! and that is the perfect knitted hat. xo

http://www.halcoholic.com

Anonymous said...

great outfit! So, what is your wish list/top10 for spring?

beautyparler said...

Gorgeous trench coat! Love the whole look, very effortless & comfortable looking. Happy New Year & Hapyy Blogging!

ifeden. said...

ohhh...i lovvve the trench! i dont know if you watch but on the rachel zoe project, brad finds a beautiful dior trench in paris! it reminds me of this great find..!
www.ifeden.blogspot.com

Anna K. said...

Love the trench! What a great find!

Katarina Kühl ~ PencilFashion said...

the first one is gorgeous,
what a great pic!

http://pencilfashion.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

So lovely! I am seriously digging how you wear your trench coat--just picked one up at Housing Works and I'm wearing it nonstop!

acute angle said...

LOVE a slouchy beanie and trench coat! I saw you in Feather's vintage in Austin over the break. I was going to say "hi" but I felt way to creepy. Also your sister looked like she needed ALL of your attention ;P

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

you look gorgeous! - Natalya of Wear Necessities

TIG said...

such a fantastic find! there's nothing like a great trench -- such a classic

happy, happy new year!
xoxo

Jamie Lynn said...

I'm minorly obsessed with this. Your beanie and AWESOME bangs are fantastic together. The trench is classic. Very cool.

Hmm. don't think I could pull of bangs like that - what do you think?

http://workyourcloset.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oh my god
i love thisss


http://factorystyle.blogspot.com/

TheGlamourai said...

* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *

xoxoGlamourai

Anonymous said...

you look effortlessly beautiful!

Los Angeles SEO said...

I just fell in love with that rain coat! Ah, I want one!

Furniture Stores Burbank said...

I don't know what I like more, the hat or the jacket!