11.24.2009

{ alice } in vogue

in light of my current 'alice in' wanderlust, i couldn't resist posting these iconic vogue images, by photographer annie leibovitz:

{ as nicholas ghesquiere naps, natalia vodianova slips through the looking glass }

{ tom ford is the white rabbit }

{ my favorite shot of all! / also, how i expect to feel after this thursday's thanksgiving supper }

{ steven jones plays the mad hatter, with christian lacroix as the march hare }

{ john galliano is the queen of hearts, with alexis roche as his king }

i'm sure most of you have seen these before, and yet they still feel fresh!

24 comments:

beautyparler said...

These pics are stunning! Love it:)

Livie said...

i still love this photoshoot. no matter how often i've seen the alice in wonderland theme.

i want to throw a mad hatter's tea party for my big bday bash next yr - dressing up is mandatory!

Ava said...

I saw this a while ago and absolutely fell in love with it-- it's difficult to pull of whimsy in such a current, compelling way while still remaining true to the source of inspiration (and what a fabulous source of inspiration it is!)

xx
Ava
http://www.aandhblog.wordpress.com

Brigadeiro said...

I never ever tire of seeing these amazing pictures! Absolutely LOVE this editorial!!!
xx

Lorena said...

I love this editorial so much, it's so perfect.

Anonymous said...

I remember these photos. They were so whimsical and beautiful.

Maz said...

So wonderful! I love Alice in Wonderland.

Ash
goldleafashely.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Fantastic spread... Love Alice in the house! Ha

www.fashionofmysoul.blogspot.com

L'armadio del delitto said...

Thes pics are amazing! I love Annie Leibovitz!

A Stylized Hysteria said...

Well, I haven't seen these before and I absolutely love them. Natalia makes the perfect Alice.

kaylene said...

True, it's been posted many a time before, but i'll never get tired of seeing it. Really makes me want to wear a few more frills and ruffles than i ordinarily would.

Miriam said...

This story happened the year I was abroad, and thus, not buying Vogue. Sooo sad that I missed it. I've seen pictures here and there, but never in its entirety. Thanks for posting it!

The Village Idiot said...

great photos!! thanks for posting these- very inspiring!

Unknown said...

I remember these...so whimsical and fun. Thanks for sharing!

Carolina said...

love this editorial. i can't wait for Alice in Wonderland out next spring!

little luxury list said...

Stunning - exactly the kind of party I want!

Katy said...

I LOVE John's expression, haha.

Aline said...

the best editorial of all time! keep the alice stuff coming!

Idée Géniale said...

Yoah, this editorial is amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

INCREDIBLE! So iconic and wonderful

-kARA

dreaminfashion.blogspot.com

AmosBlog said...

John Galliano Makes the perfect Queen of Hearts! The thrid shot is beautiful!

Rebecca Jane said...

these photos are absolutely beautiful

Unknown said...

I love this editorial, seeing it over and over again doesn!t bother me :)

TheGlamourai said...

* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *

xoxoGlamourai