the reason i love halloween so much is that it's the only day of the year that the mass of society actually embraces costumery as fashion (and vice versa). although i try to imbue a little of that spirit into all my days, it's a lot more fun when everyone is in on the game!

(above + below: terry richardson / interview magazine / november 2008)

have fun dressing up! challenge your sartorial limitations ~ scare yourself (and friends) a little. take a look too far (seriously, it's not every day one gets to wear black lipstick!). have a sense of humor about your style; be a bit silly ~ on halloween and all year long!

(above + below: tim burton via tim walker / harper's bazaar / october 2009)

there may be a few missteps, but you'll never have regrets.

(above + below: terry richardson / interview magazine / november 2008)

have fun dressing up! challenge your sartorial limitations ~ scare yourself (and friends) a little. take a look too far (seriously, it's not every day one gets to wear black lipstick!). have a sense of humor about your style; be a bit silly ~ on halloween and all year long!

(above + below: tim burton via tim walker / harper's bazaar / october 2009)

there may be a few missteps, but you'll never have regrets.

12 comments:
The last picture is great. What are you wearing for the big day?
I love Halloween too. I know your readers are just dying to know what your costume is this year!
I still don't know what I'm dressing up as for Halloween...hopefully I still have time to put something together. I love the Rodarte slasher dress.
Ganymede Kids
That Bazaar editorial is one of my all time favorites.
Absolutely wicked! ;)
xx
can't wait to see your actual halloween outfit! i love all the outfits in the previous posts, you look amazing!
I don't get to dress up tomorrow (church thing. have to wear a bible-y costume.) so I dressed up today. I was a gothic princess (sans tiara, it was back home) and I got so many strange looks. I was really surprised. I thought more people would dress up on campus. Oh well, i'm used to the strange looks. And I can't wait to find out what you're going as!
awesome looks for halloween!
oooh i love that first one
SCARY!!!
happy halloweeeeen!
yay! so true! i went to an amazing halloween ball yesterday and decided to go as a bearded lady...super sexy costume and scarily realistic beard! i think it was one of the most amazing experiences ever. men could not handle it, i had one guy try and chat me up and THEN ask me to cover my chin while i spoke coz it was scaring him! haha. I thought u might like that story! xx
I love Halloween too. I'm always sad when it's over. It is one of the most creative and fun times of the year.
These pictures/costumes are both fashionable and a little scary - especially the last one. She's like a glam clown.
* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *
xoxoGlamourai
Post a Comment