10.12.2009

{ costume of the day } twinkle toes

you all probably know that, when getting dressed, my goal is basically to wear as much jewelry as possible
(otherwise, how boring!)...

...so i was elated to spot a mini-pedi trend marching down last week's lanvin runway: shoe jewels!!!

(lanvin / spring 2010)

these chic shackles are a far cry from the anklets of yore. i wonder why i never before realized my need for multi-strand chain-link leg pieces?

well, no matter now: over the weekend i stopped this devastating gap in my accessory arsenal!

obviously, with such fancily fettered feet, i couldn't let the rest of my ensemble feel under-adorned:


{ h+m beanie, vintage sunnies, self-designed spiral solaris necklace & bands of bling bib, jean yu dress, vintage cashmere dress (underneath), F21 tights, calvin klein collection pumps, DIY ankle jewelry }

47 comments:

Nuheila said...

I love the ankle jewelry!!!I will try this with my pumps:)))

bravegrrl said...

you NEED to make some of these for your shop!!!

xo

Fashionisaparty.com (Suz) said...

amazing look!

Lauren said...

This is completely brilliant! Will definitely be trying this out soon!

Anonymous said...

love this.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE this. I'm definitely going to try some ankle jewellery.

Do you make all your necklaces? They're fab xo

Leah said...

Wow, I love those ankle jewelry. And I totally agree with you, everything looks drab without accessories. Have a great Monday!

simonesays said...

God, you look fabulous. My favourite shoes of the season were definitely Lanvin, although I couldn't pinpoint why - now I can.

Grace said...

We share the same philosophy when it comes to dressing.

Love Grace.

agatiszka said...

Beautiful dress!!

Anonymous said...

The shoe jewlery is very nice! I've been wondering if I should get into this trend for some time now and you've pushed me over the edge :)

Also, this outfit is so great, I'm saving it in my inspiration file :) Love the baggy silhouette of the dresses, plus the pops of gold in jewelry, combined with the rich hue of the beanie and the charcoal of your shoes -- such a perfect fall/winter color scheme, and so perfectly elegant and chic!

K.B. said...

Is this really a Jean Yu dress? I thought Jean Yu did lingerie. Well at any rate it looks fabulous, especialy with that beanie's color.

Somehow you always look fabulous, even while you're all bundled up, while the rest of New York (like me) just looks bulky. Winter wardrobe advice, please?

ChloƩ Mae said...

i love your hat! AND YOUR TIGHTS.

Aline said...

please tell me that you are going to start selling those in your shop!!! you look BEYOND!!! xo

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ K.B: yep! the dress is many years old though ~ it was a gift which I have since redyed (and splatter painted) beyond recognition of its former self! haha ~ i have no sense of what's sacred!

but she did indeed do ready-to-wear for a while... tho i don't know if that is still the case?

no doubt lingerie is certainly her specialty!

xoxoGlamourai

Katy said...

Ooooh, gorgeous!

Taylor Sterling said...

you look amazing I love all the jewels!!

Gon said...

Love the entire look, and actually shoe adornment is such a tight idea ! Adore Lanvin

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Cool DIY shoe look- fab idea :)

Fashion By He said...

amazing blog, love your style!!

come check out the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think and if you want to exchange links

fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

Mama Fashionista said...

love love love EVERYTHING!


http://mama-fashionista.blogspot.com

10.15, saturday night said...

you look amazing, that is some awesome diy!

xx

Hannah said...

shit this is the best idea ever! i have similar goals in mind when getting dressed myself.

xx

Sailor Jamee said...

your creativity always nearly kills me.

Slanelle said...

this outfit is fantastic !! i especially love the beanie

Brigadeiro said...

And you do it so well! (wearing as much jewellery as possible, that is).

LOVE the ankle jewellery, and ADORE that dress, absolutely GORGEOUS!
xx

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!!!!!
totally awesome, love everything you spoke of here and the shoes with the tights are fabulous

-cma
check out my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the ankle jewelry (:


impulseimplosion.tumblr.com

Niki said...

awesome diy! it looks great!
xo

http://ahautemess.blogspot.com

Denise said...

your outfit is gorgeous! People here in LA should take note...

J. said...

Love this! You look amazing as always! And every season I fall in love with Lanvin's shoes!

Ria said...

Totally agree. I also got the new Aldo Ozog's which feature chains you can wear in the back or in the front. Since I work there it was pretty much a steal for me to buy.

duckalicious said...

wow, your jewellery! *drops dead*

joelle van dyne said...

this is a brilliant idea! i had just been thinking about making some jewelry to decorate the ankle of my not-feminine-enough riding boots, but had never thought of doing the same with a pair of heels. i love it. ~joelle

workhard said...

I love the tan shoes.. the outfits are great

Lise Charmel Parfum Complice Lingerie Collection

Eyeliah said...

Oh I am itching to make some!

connie kim said...

ooo i JUST did the same things to my shoes and I'm about to post about it! yours look great!!
btw- i got your necklace i ordered last week. absolutely fab.. got so many compliments! i'm going to post about it soon.( i have the same forever21 skirt in your previous post ;) ) hope you can stop by my blog! ;)

http://the-ensemble-project.blogspot.com/

Rebecca Jane said...

I love the ankle embellishments - so pretty

Anna said...

amazing! you perfectly translated the idea to something wearable

abby upstairs said...

I love the look and would definitely consider buying some, but do they get annoying? I mean, I love ankle bracelets but sometimes they clink when I walk or twist around in weird ways. Did you connect the chains to the shoe to keep this from happening?

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ Abby: i was actually worried about the same thing!

but fortunately it isn't a problem. because the top row is fairly fitted, and the bottom row provides weight, they don't shift! yay!

xoxoGlamourai

Zohar said...

I love your whole look but the jewelry with shoes is amazing - it looks beautiful and estetic (which is probably more important than anything)

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie said...

What a great idea! I'm on it!
http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com

TheGlamourai said...

* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *

xoxoGlamourai

Fashion Books said...

Love your theory of accessories!

seo los angeles said...

Haha I honestly think those look good on you- but I couldn't do it! But your ring is soooo fabulous! I want one!

laser hair removal los angeles said...

I have a knit beanie that my friend made for me that's very close to that color! I love your dress, beautiful and drapey- looks very comfy.