9.16.2009

{ costume of the day } zip lock

this look was a real hit with the construction workers on my block. those guys live for a pretty pinup party dress and pumps.

why don't nyc apartments have back exits?



custom tailor-made organza cardigan, the glamourai for shrimpton couture necklace, dress courtesy of F21 (see more here!), calvin klein collection shoes

54 comments:

Chie - Vivat Veritas said...

i love this dress! love the zipper detail in the front.

vivatveritas.blogspot.com

wwkrissiewear said...

I love this dress and of course all the jewelry you've chosen to go with it. So perfect for a night out.

Annie Spandex said...

So fun!!! I absolutely love it

Anonymous said...

i was just checking out the forever 21 website and i thought that dress was so cool! the organza cardigan is so gorgeous! such a cool layer. and the necklaces is beauitful.

Fashionisaparty.com (Suz) said...

oh i love the dress! the colors, stripes, and fit are perfect :)
xx

Unknown said...

this dress looks like a million bucks on you, lady. i'd hoot at you in the street, too!


okay maybe not. but it's stunning.

Mairyliscious said...

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i love everything about this
the knit and see-through sweater is beautiful and the detail and color/shape of the dress is gorgeous
loving it!

-cma
check out my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

Livie said...

that's one helluva dress - i would go nuts for it too if i saw it! I would not have guessed that was from f21

love calvin klein shoes - i have 2 pairs from 4 years ago and i still wear them b/c they are so timeless.

WendyB said...

Ha ha! I was weirdly popular with creeps in the Port Authority area today due to my long, black Clovis Ruffin dress.

Lainey said...

I can't wait to go pick up that dress! It's gorgeous.

Nadia Kamballa said...

Great skirt! Love the pattern and zip detail...

http://thenovembergirl.blogspot.com

www.janetteria.com said...

WOW is this dress! :-D




X♥X♥

Billy said...

Délicieux!
Love the outfit
xx
Billy

http://billyswalk.blogspot.com/

Abbey said...

Whoaly.
I have been really wishing for a hair cut like yours lately, if only i could pull it off as well...

Christen said...

Can't believe you made that cardigan! It's perfect!

Islandia Lane said...

The dress is so great!

Lauren said...

i LOVE the dress and the cardigan.... i'm always so jealous of your wardrobe!

Patty Ann said...

amazing dress. love the second picture where you really get an idea of the volume of thie dress.
xxxx

AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

Linda said...

thats because your outfit is HAWT!
When I was in NYC I got cat calle by constructions workers "Mornin Laydies"....I giggled because of their NYC accents...made my day.

Taylor Sterling said...

Beautiful dress. I love how you have styled it. I took a look at your stuff at Shrimpton Couture and it is freaking amazing!!

Isabel said...

Haha, you show those construction workers what's what!

You look amazing.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Cute dress and love those heels!

zoe. xox said...

Cute dress! I love the detailing on the frontt :)

Domennie said...

in love with your necklace:)

La Chauve-Souris said...

wow you look stunning this dress is amazing speachless

Aline said...

sexy in the best sort of way!

Laura Trevey said...

I'm sure they did love this outfit!!
Wow... Beautiful!

xo Laura
www.brightboldbeautiful.blogspot.com

keenonboys said...

grey pumps! ab fab! :]

Sophia said...

love the dress + cardigan! super hottt

Susu Paris Chic said...

Hello from Paris!

I just discovered your blog. Glamour... I like it, I like it. I'm such a sucker for all things chic and stylish. Spicing up our everyday apparel with pearls of glitz... what could be better! I'll be back for more...

Ashley said...

Such a cool dress! Love the tulle peeking out from underneath.

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

Nika said...

great dress! love it

sexyinthecity said...

You have great style!
Love your blog!!!

xx

Anonymous said...

VERY cute, love the stripes!! DId the dress come with the crinoline or did you add that?

DENNI said...

LOVIN THE ZIPPER. GREAT LOOK.



XX
CHICMUSE

What is Reality Anyway? said...

gorgeous, the construction workers are right to love it to ;) x

Adaam said...

zippers are amazing.
you look beyond sunning.

themalemess.blogspot.com

Polished Sense said...

Love the dress on you, it just suits you :D Also, that necklace is super-fab! Right up my alley.

♡,
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Oh my god... I am in love with that dress. jdfhskdhfs. & I love the cardigan with it!

Elizabeth said...

that dress is stunning on you! i'd die for it.

http://nothingbutapackofcards.blogspot.com/

Kat said...

You are absolutely gorgeous...you make the dress look even better!

Unknown said...

A custom tailor-made organza cardigan! What could be more chic? I need to know {asap} where you had that done. Love this crazy-fabulous look.

Cheers.

sara.notarobot said...

this dress looks like something jeffrey sebelia (project runway) would design.
so cute!

Anonymous said...

love love love the dress

UnoCosa said...

super!!! .... the organza cardigan is perfect ... xoxo

Fajr | Stylish Thought said...

Love the dress!

Orchid Grey said...

I love that dress on you! I'd seen it on the F21 website and thought it was cool- if a bit unwearable- but you make it look fabulous! especially with your hair, so great! the bit about the construction workers made me laugh!

www.orchidgrey.blogspot.com

Corinne said...

Absolutely gorgeous. And I have never bought a dress just from seeing it on someone else. But I've gotta say, the pictures inspired me! (and the whole old pinup style modernized is my own personal style)
So I bought the dress. You are amazing!

Unknown said...

JUST SAW THIS DRESS ON FOREVER 21 WEBSITE. SO CUTE.

ANGIE XOXO
http://mintvintagejunk.blogspot.com/

Corinne said...

I LOVE the dress... but it fits everywhere perfectly save for the bust. Alter or return... ? /sigh/

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ Corinne: oh no i'm so sorry!!! fit is so important! i say if it's just a little off, take it to your tailor. if it's a lot off, you gotta send it back (with sadness).

good luck!
xoxoGlamourai

camila said...

wow that's a stunning dress
and it reminds me a lot of a dress I saw on project runway a long time ago.
The designer was jeffrey sebelia.
here is a photo of the dress:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FW86_jO7k_A/Sa_b0DpOy4I/AAAAAAAA5WQ/4ftsKeXE6CQ/s1600/BestofProjectRunway_Finale_JeffreySebelia_1.jpg

I love your blog! :)

TheGlamourai said...

* when this site switched servers, all comments on this post were lost. i sincerely apologize for the inconveniece. your input is important to me and to this blog! *

xoxoGlamourai