yesterday i went to see julie & julia (which i loved) and ever since i've been in a foodie fever!
as soon as the movie let out, my glamourman and i rushed to dine at the nearest french restaurant. not so odd, except it was 5pm ~ about 4 hours before our usual dinner hour. when we sat, the restaurant was completely empty; we beat even the early-bird retirees!
honestly, i'm your typical small-kitchen new yorker ~ usually my refrigerator contains (if anything): a carton of eggs, a bottle or two of champagne, and an assorted miscellany of takeout containers. this morning, however, i decided i needed a cupboard full of gourmet food products; i've convinced myself i'm going to cook up fancy dishes all week long!
wishful thinking? probably. well anyway, i stuck with what i'm good at, and got dressed up for the grocer:

what i lack in the kitchen, i try to make up for in the jewelry studio. i'm excited about this week's etsy collection, as it is composed like a multi-course meal ~ each piece compliments the others. you can have a necklace with a ring on the side, and a pair of earrings for dessert. taken together, they're a tasteful treat!




27 comments:
aww- your cheeks are sooo rosy and cute! you look very breezy and cool in your light layers!
(i too wear heels to the grocery(and the airport,and anywhere that one should really chose comfort over fashion!)
Those new necklaces are so lovely. You are very very talented. I am starting to feel like I really need to see that movie!
ooh, i love the subtle patterns on your blouse! and beautiful jewelry as always =)
http://foradelicatefew.blogspot.com
You wear Palazzo pants like no other!
i have been on such a cooking streak that i started a blog about it... maybe you've seen it, maybe not. but these are the foods that have been on my mind since december: erinbradley76.blogspot.com
NEED that swan necklace. beautiful. that is my animal.....
xo-erin
hi glamourai, I'm not really sure if you read our comments but I just wanted to say that your blog is pure gold :) I started reading fashion blogs about 7 months ago and The glamourai was the first one I ever read. Even to this day your spirit and the kindness that you give off through you blog hasn't changed. Thank you for continuing to inspire people with your effortless sense of fashion :)
-Lacy
@ LACY: i read every single comment on this blog & your positive feedback means so much to me. thank you for inspiring ME to keep doing this!
xoxoGlamourai
loving the whole outfit; especially the vintage bag:)
Pants look so funky!
Peace and love!
honey the pants are fantastic
you are fantastic!!!!
That film had the same effect on me -- I am now convinced I can cook the most complex of recipes! Doubtful. I love the ring!!
how does a glamour gal like yourself pack (for travel) all her baubles and blingz? I am having a pickle of a time figuring out how to keep my necklaces tangle free. I can't seem to find an attractive and functional solution. Any ideas?
@ anonymous 4:28: for travel, i roll my necklaces up into vintage silk scarves, then stack them in a smallish clutch purse. that way they don't tangle or move about inside your suitcase. plus, when you land at your destination, you also have a stash of pretty scarves to accessorize with. it serves double duty delight!!!
xoxoGlamourai
great idea, but does it snag your scarves?
@ anonymous 4:34: nope! that's where the small purse comes in ~ if they are made to lay flat & still inside the scarves, inside the purse, then you're fine. i've been doing this for years & i've never once had a problem.
good luck!
xoxoG
thanks! this is great advice.
AND your work is so creative and clever. I can cook (nod to Julia), but I can not create such lovely pieces.
Keep doing what you do best.
Love this post! and I thought the same of Julie & Julia. Meryl Streep was just amazing!
@ anonymous 4:40: thank YOU! i'm glad i could help!!!
xoxoG
goodness gracious, your glasses and pants are just darling.
cool accesories.. ive been searching for a glasses just like yours.. awesome pants!
That necklace is so cool! And I love the pants as well.
the complete dressup was reallly cool....i liked them very much
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step
meryl streep is my favorite actress. <3
and this is a great outfit. i love the top with the wide leg pants!! and of course the sunnies are cool too
you look SO lovely in this outfit! great style.
Amazing pants
gorgeous outfit! good luck with cooking :)
xoxo
The pants. Gosh! You are too cool for school Miss Glamourai
Post a Comment