8.18.2009

{ costume of the day } dare to dream!

"excellence can be obtained if you...



...care more than others think is wise;


...risk more than others think is safe;


...dream more than others think is practical;


...expect more than others think is possible."
(anonymous)

*****
{wearing: vintage yves saint laurent sunnies, self-designed necklace & bracelet (both coming soon to shrimpton couture!) vintage dress (from brook&lyn boutique) missoni sandals} {update: this look has been featured on

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

That dress is absolutely darling! And that necklace is lovely. Your jewelry is always amazing. Love it!

www.janetteria.com said...

I love dress and Missoni platforms tooo....

XoXo

Domennie said...

wow, amazing design for the necklace:)

Brigadeiro said...

Love the quote AND outfit!!!
xx

Ashley said...

Love the Missoni sandals! Beautiful!!

http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

Christen said...

The whole look is absolutely stunning. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little jealous that you own those shoes and I don't :) You look fabulous!

http://la-rue-neuve.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

love ur dress! You are making amazing jewellery ^^!

Marianna said...

As always, I love you glamourai!

myedit said...

You look pretty, happy and so ladylike! I love it!

style odyssey said...

what a sweet look! totally trendless (in a good way), completely ladylike. love the blue hue on you!

elena said...

you already know i LOVE the shoes... =)
great new pieces...and the dress is oh so pretty...
nice quote...that one is a keeper...
elena @ fabulous finds

keenonboys said...

this outfit is perfection! and its only tuesday :]

Anita Puksic said...

What a cool post!

And I love everything on your outfit. The dress is fabolous!

Peace and love!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your outfit! It's SO gorgeous! And I adore that quote!

ShoeBox Gal said...

your outfits are always so perfect, i luv that color blue :) and the quote is beautiful :)

shoeboxgal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That quote is really fantastic. And I love how well you combine jewelry with equally complex prints in some of your ensembles. That's something I always have difficulty with--knowing which goes with what, and of course, I don't quite have the expansive wardrobe to be able to figure something out for everything. Maybe some day.

love
S

http://nevernothingtowear.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

the necklace is so pretty! i love the color of the sunglasses. the shoes are so pretty. i love the prints on them and i love the shape.

missDTM said...

i almost had a heart attack when i saw that necklace!

Lori said...

You need to post pictures of your shoe collection because I love them all!

▲ FARRAH ▲ said...

Such an amazing dress!!

Also, I tagged you for an award (apologies if you've received it before) on my blog.

XO

Hannah said...

I love this look - you are fast becoming one of my favorite bloggers!

The Barely Tattoo'd Artist said...

I want that dress...but in purple or green for me...

love the shoes, as always!

laundrysoapbubble.blogspot.com

little fish said...

Very pretty dress and you are gorgeous!!

Ljubica said...

what a fabulous dress.. it looks amazing on you! and, as always, your accessories are exquisite!
xo

Alyssa said...

i love the patterns on that dress. and your sunglasses

Susan said...

great thoughts and great items :)
i am in LOVE with your necklace&bracelet!
have a lovely day, xoxo

Eli said...

wow, fabulous shoes!

Kelly said...

you look extra cute in these photos! and i love the quote.

Cadmium said...

gorgeous and inspiring as always!

Greg Kessler said...

beautiful quote! really sums it up. great work glamourai!

Joann said...

What lipstick combo are you wearing??? It's what I want!

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ joann: the lipgloss i'm wearing is by revlon. i think it's called 'pearl plum'

xoxoGlamourai

Unknown said...

Waw!!! You look so so so pretty!!! I love thiss dress!

Kisses from Spain!

BrookandLyn said...

I fell in love with your platforms when I saw this picture! I searched high and low for them since.

I just got in those shoes for my online boutique in size 37 and 38 New. I will be releasing them in about 2 week or earlier. I will sure to link you back when I do a preview with them. I get so much inspiration from browsing your blog.

http://brookandlyn.com/shop.

Rebecca Jane said...

I ADORE those shoes - fabulous

Jacquelyn said...

those shoes are amazing :] have a great weekend!

Emily said...

Took me forever to go back far enough to find this post... I think I might end up using this quote as my senior quote this year. I'd never heard it before I read it on here, so thank you! :]