7.23.2009

{ costume of the day } urban jungle

this is pretty much my version of hiking clothes. i literally break out into hives & dry heaves when an occasion calls for 'casual wear,' but today it's threatening to monsoon, whilst i'm stuck running errands all over town ~ so i did my best to tone things down!



inspired by marni's resort 2010 harem shorts, i chopped the hem off these h+m trousers. watch out, rest of my pants! i have a feeling this will mark the beginnings of an entire waste-bin full of discarded cuffs.



i'm also trying to enjoy a few new accessories before they're shipped off to shrimpton couture. click here to read all about the groovy new collection of reworked YSL sunnies i just finished for them!

custom ysl sunnies, self-designed jewelry (necklace available for pre-order on shrimpton couture!), reworked chloe t-shirt (it was a dress. also, i'm wearing it backwards.), reowrked h+m pants, dolce+ gabbana shoes

new pants, sunnies, and jewelry aside, the best, best, BEST part of today was my lunch date with the delightful jessica schroeder of what i wore. full report to come!!!

17 comments:

Jenn Scholz Hughes said...

You look amazing! It's all in the accessories isn't it? :-)

Anonymous said...

The landscape vignettes are pretty great

The Village Idiot said...

The bottom pic is a great shot of you! you're such a pretty girl!

CHICKDOWNTOWN.COM Brooke said...

Love the shorts, very cute! What a good idea!

Wanderlusting said...

I had no idea that olive green and purple went so well together. I suppose they are both jewel tones and that green can almost be a neutral but wow! You look fab (and I love love your shoes)

Melissa Blake said...

I WANT those shades!

Kelly said...

i'm positive your endless creativity will come up with something to make out of the discarded cuffs. :)

Isabel said...

I love your necklace.

Stephanie Clayton said...

love, love this look!!! i'm into re-working clothes to give them new life. it's fun and kind of addictive!

Anita Puksic said...

Cool outfit! And the necklace is just perfect! You are so creative.

Peace and love!

San Francisco Stylephile said...

Loved the post of you and Jessica on her blog today! Also digging the cropped trousers. :)

Eyeliah said...

Great styling, it's really never about the pieces but how they are put together.

Keely said...

I love your shoes! and necklaces and shades...need I go on. I found you through Jessica's blog. Fantastic!
Here's mine:
http://whatiwearinalittletown.blogspot.com/

Krysta Marie said...

great colors! love the top and necklace :)

Anonymous said...

Great outfit. Thanks for your blog. I look forward to it everyday. By the way you and Jessica meet every day on my computer RSS feeds on the other side of the world (where it is winter and very bleak)

Anonymous said...

You are the bomb!!! I love anything you rework! You have an innate ability to really make things your own, so cool!

Rebecca Jane said...

I love your necklace and the shoes! Always impeccable.