4.28.2009

are you there vogue? { it's me, glamourai }

i've already confessed a longing for lanvin's pre-fall look, and now it seems that vogue is intent on magnifying my malcontent.

just as i'm getting excited to wear less layers in the coming summer months, they have to serve up this swanky souffle:

(david sims for us vogue, may 2009)

leopard-print gloves! embroidered gauze and gold crushed-velvet! beaded grosgrain jabot! bejeweled satin shoes!

it's only like, my ideal outfit. they even got the hair right!!!
this should be my costume every day.

25 comments:

ashley said...

ha, your title. so cute.

kittenmasks said...

Look at those heels. They're KILLER.

Anonymous said...

I want! now!
Love your blog.

Please add me, im new at this.
http://selfindulgentfashion.blogspot.com/

trendvixen said...

When I saw this outfit in Vogue, I also fell in love! Particularly with the shoes. Wow. <3

http://trendvixen.blogspot.com

ilikestuff said...

Haha, it practically looks like you were their muse for this photoshoot. I love the opulence of all the textures and fabrics.

Sabrina said...

This is US Vogue? Wow, great styling! I love the wooly and marled textures with the sparkle in the shoes. It's so terribly you!

By the way, do you make link exchanges? Just asking because your links list seems short.

daniel said...

I agree -- I feel like this is so you!

Madeline said...

they really pinned down your perfect outfit to a T. do you think they styled it after you... it seems pretty close :)

Anna said...

that's amazing!

JULES said...

its like they styled this esp. for you! I love everything about it esp. the gloves and the blouse!

http://www.styleanthem.blogspot.com

MONI said...

THOSE SHOES!!

PS:I JUST TAGGED YOU FOR A QUICK & FUN QUESTIONNAIRE! TAKE IT FROM MY BLOG, READ THE RULES AND RE-WORK IT.

XOXO http://www.moneasywardrobe.com

Lucy said...

I want that hat!

http://thefashionsetter.blogspot.com

Aline said...

what an amazing look!

Brigadeiro said...

G O R G E O U S ! ! !
xx

Unknown said...

ha! i saw this too and IMMEDIATELY thought of you. it's clearly inspired by you, and it's totally spot-on. i LOVE it.

Yuka said...

its so lovely and a modern twist to such a classic look.

The Zsa Zsa Zsu said...

it is so you.

candice said...

haha your funny! i really love those gloves too.. lucky im going into winter over this side of the world!

http://candidandistylinwylin.tumblr.com

Nini Nguyen said...

wow.... You look great !!!!!!!
Nini

ThatsMisterRobert2u said...

bitchin.

FrouFrouu said...

haha, you're right, this does seem very much your style. over the top elegance, love.

we tagged you on our blog :)

- frouu

Tracy said...

methinks you were the inspiration behind this shot, not the target audience. it's so you!

Lazy Lisa said...

I really thought for a second it was you ! :-)

J. Rene' said...

Totally looks like you...I think someone at Vogue is watching your blog.

Katy said...

I am absolutely crazy for Lanvin's shoes this season.