3.03.2009

{ i DIE } then i DIY

i've caught a raging crush over marni's new baubled crumb-catcher breastplates! the heart yearns, then the wheels start spinning...

to wear now: i want one on black satin, with a crunchy taffeta tie and dizzying tack of doo-dads ~ culling all my vintage brooches and bakelite buttons shall immediately ensue:

Photobucket

for spring: i'm planning a tat of felted brocade, iced in wilted rosettes, melted pailettes, and a sprig of sparkle:

Photobucket

mon Dieu / my oh my / do you diy?

21 comments:

Justine-R said...

WAHHHW it's amazing. I'm crazy about this jewels and glasses!

Anonymous said...

you might like my new designs too...
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21794682
and
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21674318
not quite as huge but just as fabulous.

FutureLint said...

I just DIYed myself a giant necklace last week...

http://futurelint.blogspot.com/2009/02/slow-and-steady.html

I may have to try one of these too!

daniel said...

I think crumb-catcher breastplates are unisex, if I have to prove it myself.

glam.spoon said...

those bejeweled neck pieces are nearly as impressive as your vocabulary, my dear!

The Spicers said...

LOVE love love these! And most of the rest of Marni F/W collection.

jane* said...

sooooooo glamourai, obviously! cant wait to see your DIY interpretation!

Katy said...

Ooooh yes DIY!!!!!

Eyeliah said...

Ohhh, good luck on the diy, it must be done.

Anonymous said...

Do you know Michelle Jank? I think you'd like her work a lot.

http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/main/2007/08/make-a-michelle.html

Mom Fashion World said...

Haven't tried anything yet since i'm just a new blogger.
I'm inspired to DIY soon!

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

wow! you all have gotten me even MORE excited for this project. results promised soon!!!

@mrs gorman: i am so happy to know of michelle jank ~ thank you! a fangirl is born.

xoglam

Anonymous said...

It almost looks like those trays that vintage vendors have full filled with brooches.

Anonymous said...

It looks soo colorful & playful! I'm inspired to make one now. Thanks!

Tamia said...

I am SO recreating this look via a DIY project. I had the idea for something similar a few months ago, but now am re-inspired!

Maybe we should all have some sort of show-and-tell with our projects...

Anonymous said...

Have you seen the work of this talented artist on etsy? http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=sr_list_5&listing_id=21646347&ga_search_query=beaded+choker+fabric&ga_search_type=tag_title_description

I immediately thought of you when I saw this creation of hers.

Anonymous said...

what an exquisite way to start the day! i couldn't be more excited about spring now...

Becca. said...

wow, those necklaces are stunning!

gorgeous blog :)


would you like to swap links?



becca,
xo\

Fox to the Opera said...

thanks for posting these! stunning. perfect project to dedicate my vintage brooches to.

Sydney said...

What a DIY. I've asked my mom and she said that she's forgotten what it means, and I'm dying to figure out what it means.

So, whats a DIY?

THE GLAMOURAI: said...

@ sydney: DIY = Do It Yourself!

xoglam