2.17.2009

sparkle + shimmer { always a winner }

as my obsessive compulsion to enhance tired jackets and coats has been fairly well-documented, you can believe i'm always on the lookout for new spruce routes...

thanks to marc jacobs' fall 2009 cape (below), i'm imagining something involving plus-size studs, lacquered with pastel nail polish:

Photobucket

i'm also loving the new fall ornaments at mathew williamson (left) and carolina herrera (right), and feel certain i can find similar antique appliques to repurpose:

Photobucket

no matter your crafting dexterity, there's a DIY here for you. why not simply wear a brooch on an unexpected location, like your hip pocket, or replace your buttons with extra-large beads ~ like this lovely riding coat from lanvin fall 2006 (below)?

Photobucket

17 comments:

Brigadeiro said...

Simple, yet effective ideas, love it! :)
xx

laineydear said...

These look super cool on the runway but... I feel like attempting this myself would be a slippery slope into tacky/dowdy/crazy neighbor lady always talking to herself.

Junimond said...

I've been reading blogs for quite a while now and I guess you're the first one who really inspires me to change sth.
I've got this green H&M coat, cute but after two winters a bit boring.
I think I'll start the beginners way and excange the green buttons for wooden ones.

Anonymous said...

always an inspiration lady.

how amazing is that mathew williamson. le sigh.

Manja said...

Oh, yay! I might really sew different buttons on my black coat. Awesome ideas :)

Anonymous said...

You are always inspiring! I gave you a blog award. You can check it out on my site.

www.shinylittlethings.com

Katy said...

I didn't really like Marc Jacobs last season, (Spring 09) but I LOVED this season. You are so right, sparkle and shimmer always win! I love everything you put in this post. Awesomeness.

Anonymous said...

all these embellishments are beautiful. getting some ideas...

Anonymous said...

I love your outfits. They're inspiring <3.

Islandia Lane said...

Love the jewels on capes! Can't wait to see your own take on this.

Eyeliah said...

Oh so clever, I love these ideas!

Mom Fashion World said...

you're so sr=tylish.
i just started blogging, i'm adding you to my blog list.
visit my site,

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Elisa said...

Hey!

I love your blog! I am a big fan of glitz and embellishments as well! If you get a chance, check out my blog!

http://www.alwaysadorned.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

-E

brooke said...

its refreshing to see someone in the fashion industry so openly embrace the D.I.Y. mentality, like "ordinary" folks like me!

Shes Dressing Up said...

I love the idea of wearing a brooch in an unexpected place!

Anonymous said...

thank you G.for your comment on my blog, you are too kind! is only a feeble attempt to imitate you ... which for me is impossible, you are too creative and brilliant!

SEO Los Angeles said...

I love jackets.